We are firm believers in 'never having enough clothes' but we also think you should be making the most of your wardrobe too! So here are our favourite tips and tricks to get your spring cleaning sorted
1. Do a sift at the start of every season, just as you seen new trends emerging. You never know what has miraculously come back in again, and regular 4-yearly rummages can keep you on top of your stash.
2. We're all guilty of buying and never wearing! We give our new bits and pieces the 3 month challenge and if it's still unworn by then, it's a fond farewell to a better home.
3. With any 'unsure' items, make 3 outfits with it, all from things in your 'definitely keep' pile and if you can't, let it go. You never know what amazing combinations you discover doing this!
4. Get super organised, and we mean super! Order and categorise your rails by style/type/trend whatever takes your fancy (make it more fun with jazzy hangers for each category too) so you know where to look when you create an outfit. You'll soon start to realise where your favourites are coming from and automatically means you can buy anything else for that category completely guilt free ;)
5. Clue up! Bloggers Press Day posts give you 6 months advanced warning on what's gunna come around again and magazine's are pretty ahead of the trends too. Being in the know will stop you chucking anything that you may later regret.
Living in London means limited amount of storage and wardrobe space for the majority of women! The thing I always struggle with is where to put my winter coats come Spring. They can probably fill a wardrobe themselves and I always ending collecting more each season...
I decided that this spring I would look at an easy alternative and store them away until Autumn to make room for my spring summer wardrobe. I came across Boxman online a London based service that deliver, collect and return your boxes whenever you need for only £5 a month for a box. It's a stress free service and the drivers were very helpful and friendly. They also work until 9pm on weekdays and work Saturdays so handy if you need to use the service out of work hours. When the boxes are collected you can organise them online by naming them, uploading photos and tags so it's easy to know where your items are and in which box. So handy!
I fit around 6/7 thick winter coats in each box (the boxes are pretty big) and used 4 boxes for all of my coats and winter accessories. I feel so much better for de-cluttering and I have used the space wisely to make room for my Spring ensembles! All round it was a great stress-free service that I highly recommend!
Check out more and order your boxes from Boxman online at www.boxman.co.uk
I upload when and where I can find time without being tied into auction end times and the personal interaction with your buyers and sellers you know your items are going to someone who really loves the item and this makes me really happy!
You can shop our depop HERE! and searching
What are your failsafe ways to keeping your wardrobe under control?