Here at TSOP we have been routing through all the shows from LFW to find out the main trends for SS14 and what we will be wearing. We decided to filter it down to the top 10 trends and looks we think you will love and know we will be featuring on TSOP next summer! Whether you dig checks, stripes or iridescent shimmer this post will get you in the know for SS14 in 5 mins! GO GO GO!
1. Think pinkWhistles, Preen by Thornton Bregazzi, J JS LeeIt looks like pink is here to stay for next season so if you were hesitating to buy it for winter in the hope that it will disappear, it's time to rethink! Pink is here for the long haul and after all you all know the saying 'pink makes the boys blink' next season the colour gets hotter with the weather and a brighter pink than AW's pastels will take center stage!
2. Back to blackJohn Rocha, Tom Ford, Marios SchwabTo all those who think black is just for AW you are wrong! As we don't get much of a summer black is an all round colour for us in England and a safe buy. Designers went for OTT sexiness including lattice leather, spidery lace and body contour belts and harnesses. We have got a feeling Rihanna is going to be all over this one!
3. Check mateSister by Sibling, Margaret Howell, J JS LeeSome of the collections for SS14 have a strong influence from menswear. Mens tailoring and checks were seen in many SS14 collections for women. Clashing checks since the Prada effect with the tablecloth gingham have been massive so make sure you keep yours around for SS14.
4. Earn your stripesRichard Nicoll, Emilia Wickstead, Burberry ProsumIn the opposing corner stripes are returning for another successful summer, but this time there back bolder and louder. The deckchair stripes in ice cream colours seen at the Emma Wickstead show were definitely TSOP favourites!
5. Cobweb lace detailsBurberry Prorsum, Ashley Willimas, Meadham KirchhoffIt's set to be a pretty season ahead- delicate lace featured heavily in the London collections. Our advice: snap up a lace skirt in any shade but white to avoid the head-to-toe bridal look.
6. Iridescent shimmerChristopher Kane, Jonathan Saunders, AntipodiumDefinitely one of our favourites for SS14- we already can't wait to post about this next year! As called by Vogue 'sweet wrapper chic' we are like magpies and totally won over by the glistening fabrics. Christopher Kane led the way with a metallic mohair that looked like a sparkling cobweb! The Antipodium show paired sheer iridescent with hot pink to keep it modern and fresh.
7. Flower powerEudon Choi, Peter Pilotto, Mary KatrantzouAs everyone will say 'Florals are in for summer – groundbreaking.' But these are next-level florals. Mary Katrantzou's stylised blooms were actually enlarged prints of evening shoes, embellished with beading and crystals. Peter Pilotto scattered their signature digital prints for a blooming marvellous show!
8. The BomberRoksanda Ilincic, Erdem, Jonathan SaundersA trophy bomber jacket is the hero piece for spring 2014. Following the success at the menswear shoes the bomber jacket gets a feminine makeover for SS14. Kimono style embroidery and stunning beading make it a definite investment piece for next season.
9. Sheer styleJohn Rocha, JW Anderson, Antonio BerardiDon't shy away from sheer- it is the perfect fabric to layer and mix into your wardrobe. But be warned: head-to-toe sheer is for the catwalk and the fashion fearless only.
10. Centre-stage hairSophia Webster, Holly FultonThe bigger the better: it's time to tease your tresses into a crimped cloud of candyfloss or a gravity-defying sculpture. Bobby pins and extra-hold hairspray at the ready.